RESEARCH IN NEW PHOTOVOLTAIC TECHNOLOGIES, ENERGY STORAGE AND MANAGEMENT FOR DISTRIBUTED GENERATION UNDER THE PARADIGM OF ENERGY COMMUNITIES
GENERDIS is an industrial research project aimed both at laying the foundations of knowledge of new technologies (new flow battery technologies and building-integrated solar), and at developing disruptive technological capabilities based on advanced algorithms, which will enable the evolution towards a more digitalised, efficient, affordable and sustainable generation of renewable energy.
Specific objectives of the project are:
- Optimal energy management of battery-hybrid photovoltaic plants
- Demand flexibility and integration into energy communities
- New storage technologies with flow batteries
- New Building-Integrated PhotoVoltaics constructive solutions
GENERDIS will address the technological challenges of the energy communities of the future, the most complex scenario of distributed generation, for which it is based on three pillars:
- Optimised management of decentralised energy resources, through adaptive systems based on Artificial Intelligence.
- Research into innovative storage technologies for the energy generated.
- Research into new materials, methods for maximising the use of solar resources and their integration into the surfaces available in buildings.
Project type: Industrial Research
Participants: COBRA INSTALACIONES Y SERVICIOS SA (leader); ISOTROL SA; ARIÑO DUGLASS SA; CUADROS ELECTRICOS NAZARENOS SL; CUERVA ENERGY SL; ENERGY PANEL SL; N VISION SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES SL and SFERAONE SOLUTIONS Y SERVICES SL.
Financing: Initiative subsidized by the Ministry of Science and Innovation within the procedure for granting aid for the “Science and Innovation Missions Program”, of the State Program to Catalyze Innovation and Business Leadership of the State Plan for Scientific and Technical Research and Innovation 2021-2023, within the framework of the Recovery, Transformation and Resilience Plan.
Implementation period: 2022 – 2025