SMART ELECTRICITY NETWORK PLANNING TOOL FOR BRASIL AND ESPAÑA
The objective of the project is the design, development and validation of a next generation distribution network planning tool based on advanced Machine Learning algorithms, which automatically performs the technical, economic and regulatory analyzes necessary to identify the most appropriate interventions for perform in distribution networks.
For this, it is contemplated:
- Provide the software design, development and testing of the Planning tool.
- Take a technological leap in the application of advanced machine learning algorithms.
- Implement the electrical calculation algorithms necessary for the validation of technical models, as well as the economic optimization of the different planned scenarios.
- Develop an application with a web interface that allows you to easily model and configure the different elements involved.
- Validate the tool in a real environment such as Enel’s distribution network in Brazil.
Network planning systems are a necessity for the core business of distributors. The main advantage of BE-SMART is that it provides an integrated tool that allows multiple simulations in a very short space of time. In addition, the tool assesses not only traditional methods but also the use of microgrids and network quality indicators. Therefore, BE-SMART facilitates the planning of distribution networks, considering the multiple possible scenarios and providing technical teams with the effective and efficient tool necessary to carry out these tasks.
Isotrol and Enel Distribuição Ceará Brasil.
Execution Period: 2019 – 2021
Project funded by the Center for Industrial Technological Development (CDTI), within the INNOGLOBAL PROGRAM 2018, supported by the Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness.